Tom

Owen wrote:I know what holds the shingles and deal with it just fine. You
expressed an opinion that doesn't make much sense to me. Back it up, if
you can. What's the tar strip for, and why put it there at all if
you're going to leave paper or cellophane over it?

Owen, look at an installed roof, and see if that paper/cellophane is anywhere
near the tar strip when a proper exposure is used. Then look at where they are
in relation to each other in a couple of shingles just stacked one upon
another. Sorry about the tangent, Arch! Tom
Work at your leisure!