Ba r r y

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 05:27:13 GMT, Michael Baglio
wrote:

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 17:47:10 GMT, "Chuck Hoffman"
wrote:

The most important machine in any woodworker's shop is the table saw.

Well...

While I'd agree that the most _used_ machine in my shop is the table
saw, I'd give it up if I had to choose between it and my bandsaw.

Depends on the focus.

Whenever I mention that a fine furniture maker should buy a band saw
before a table saw, I get ignored. G

I know a guy, actually he's a professional ww'ing instructor, who has
a 99% neander shop in his condo. A band saw is the only power tool in
the shop.

However, if the person plans to make all kinds of bookshelves,
cabinetry, built-ins, etc... as the project, I'd go with the table
saw.

Let the project choose the tool.

Barry