mac davis

Default More on Harbor Freight DC

Got it today and put it almost all together tonight.. haven't put the
bags on yet because I'm confused (as usual)

What a PITA!
I think it would have taken me an hour or so if the instructions
weren't all f**ked up... ended up taking almost 3 hours but I only
kicked it once and gently..

Got stalled on the FIRST step... put casters on base using 4 hex
screws on each.. went nuts double-checking all the bags, etc...
only hex bolts there were too big... must be missing a bag???
Nope.. I guess they changed the DC a few times without updating the
directions.. found 16 phillips screws for the damn casters..

About step 4 or 5, I tried putting the "motor, blower and motor base",
which it stated was a pre-assembled unit, onto the base... NO WAY!
It wouldn't fit... time to light a smoke and walk around a bit.. (for
about the 4th time)
Ok.. they changed the unit again.. that bracket thingy over there must
be the motor bracket... put it on and then mounted the assembly..
Damn good thing I was working in the garage, needed 2 prybars and a
hunk of 2x4 to line the sucker up... arggg...

I won't go into any more details.. but when I thought I was done, I
realized 2 things: they shipped the unit separate from the startup
kit, so no hose, valve, etc..
Hey.. where does the hose hook up when I get it??
OH.. that plastic Y thing that isn't included in the instructions must
go here and fasten with this screw..

One question, though I'm afraid that I know the answer...
The filter and collection bags have different part numbers but appear
to be exactly the same... did I get a bad packing job, or is the
filter bag the same cheap canvas as the collection bag??