patriarch

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 02:43:10 GMT, patriarch
calmly ranted:

Thanks for relating the experience, Andy. The material I picked up
today has too much character to consider turning into a benchtop.
It's got a higher calling...

What higher calling is there? A benchtop is seen, appreciated,
touched, and used on a daily basis.

Figured wood deserves to be seen, not cursed. A bench top needs to be
flat. Dead flat. Forever.

That function has beauty in itself. And there are better means of
achieving it than figured wood with a high tangential expansion
coefficient.

I'll score some affordable maple soon enough. And I'll coat it with
Waterlox, in your honor. ;-)

Patriarch