Dave jackson

Scott,
For some of the projects you mentioned,(Chair,Crown etc) you will not
need an abundance of tools to start with. You miter saw will be fine with a
good finish blade. Pick up some safety equipment, a good level and a
chalkline. I prefer to cope my joints, others just miter inside corners.
Don't be afraid to cope a joint, and it's getting to be a lost art and I
think it is really the best way. Pick up a coping saw, some spare blades
and a file to clean up a cut when needed. I prefer a "4 way" file that is
flat on one side and rounded on the other having a single cut on one end and
rasp cut on the opposite end. If you do not have a trim gun/air compressor,
now's a good time to invest in one. If not, get a hammer you'll be happy
with and a nailset or two. If you decide to tackle crown in the bedroom or
chair rail/wainscoting in the dining room (or whatever) learn what you can
through a book or classes and ask questions here. You'll get answers from
people who do this kind of stuff on a regular basis to fill in where the
books leave off. Welcome to the group --dave

"Scott Willett" wrote in message
.. .
I am looking for general advice. I apologize up-front if this is not the
correct News Group:

1) I enjoy doing trim work and carpentry, I do not have a lot of
experience. Chair Rail, Crown, Bead board etc.

2) I am interested in getting started in woodworking.

3) I have the following tools:

a. 10 in compound miter saw

b. Router, I have only used once.

c. An old Makita 8 inch, contractor table saw

d. Other hand tools, Skill Saw, etc

Any suggestions on my next steps or purchases? My "gung ho" side wants to
purchase an upgraded table saw, belt driven. Any suggest as my next
steps?
Wood working class?

Any reply would be greatly appreciated.

Scott