John McCoy

"Scott Willett" wrote in
:

3) I have the following tools:

a. 10 in compound miter saw

b. Router, I have only used once.

c. An old Makita 8 inch, contractor table saw

d. Other hand tools, Skill Saw, etc

Any suggestions on my next steps or purchases? My "gung ho" side
wants to purchase an upgraded table saw, belt driven. Any suggest as
my next steps? Wood working class?

If you have a specific project in mind you want to build, that
should guide you in which tools you might need to get next. You
could describe the project here, and people could advise you on
tools required (probably suggesting 3 different ways to do it
which require 3 totally different sets of tools).

If you don't have a project in mind, a workbench wouldn't be a bad
idea...you'd need something to flatten the top (bench plane or
a belt sander) but otherwise you've probably got the needed tools.
You could also consider making a router table; many tasks using
the router are more easily done when it's fixed in a cabinet.

John