David Hall

(Keith) wrote in message . com...
I am considering buying a Craftsman RAS for mostly dado work. Does
anyone have any info thay can share about there experiences with the
Craftsman?

There are far too make makes, models and years of Craftsman RAS's to
be able to answer that question. Are we talking a new machine ? If so,
what model - although that is immaterial to me as I wouldn't buy a new
Craftsman RAS - too many used ones on the market for small dollars. If
used, what year, make & model? In general, in my opinion, you can buy
or make a really nice router setup that will make far better dados
than a RAS. If set on a RAS, an older Delta (I believe) would be
better than the best Craftsman. If stuck on Craftsman, don't consider
anything from the 1980's - the 1960's are probably the best of the
group from what I have read. If you want a 1980's Craftsman RAS and
you are anywhere near Pittsburgh, PA, I can make you a nice deal on
mine after I blow off the dust.

Dave Hall