TWS

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 07:40:00 -0600, "Swingman" wrote:

"J T" wrote in message

All I'd probably use the bandsaw for is crosscuts, maybe up to a foot,
max, at this time, maybe make a jig and try a bit of resawing later on.

Actually, tension is one of the last things I'd look at. How does it track?

Spend some time getting a new 3/8" or 1/2" blade to track in the middle of
the wheels. once you've got that whipped, then go on to other things like
properly setting the guides, etc.

IME, and apparently contrary to popular opinion, you don't need a world of
tension to get a good, straight cut on a well setup band saw.

Last month's FWW had an article that claimed that the drift can be
compensated and canceled by the tracking adjustment. I haven't had a
chance to try this technique yet but it sounds like this jives with
your experience.

TWS