Doug Winterburn

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 08:24:30 -0500, Rumpty wrote:

IME, crosscutting dados with my Craftsman RAS is a bit tough because the

blades really grab the wood and the carriage lurches forward. While there
are RAS blades made to help avoid this when simply cutting, I do not know
of a dado blade designed for the RAS.

Forrest make a great dado blade that works well on the RAS.

carriage lurches forward

The roller head bearings might be too loose and require adjustment. You
need to hold onto the motor with some positive control.

Correst, and if the saw is adjusted properly, there will be some smooth
resistance to the motor moving on the arm.

In addition, if the OP is considering a new Craftsman RAS, it has a
motorized cable attached to the motor that controls the feed rate and
prevents the "lurching".

-Doug