patriarch

max wrote in
:

What city do you live in?
I love the Mendocino coast. My sister used to have a house up there
and I used to get slabs of old growth redwood.
max

I live in Martinez, on the edge of Pleasant Hill, the town where I grew up.

My mother's family came to the Mendocino Coast in the 1840's. Manchester,
Point Arena and Gualala. It is one of those magical areas.

My grandfather always warned us to be careful of some of the folks living
on the 'cash economy' up there, however. They could/can be pretty
protective of their crops.

We have a picture somewhere of my great grandfather, or maybe his father,
with a mule, and a redwood log at least as thick as he was tall. Tough old
fella, he was.

I've project or two I'd like to take on, when I can find some of that
reclaimed redwood. There are a couple of sources to track down, but not
tonight.

Patriarch