Greg O

"Rumpty" wrote in message
Strictly for Dado your Craftsman will probably work fine. Assuming you are
purchasing a 10" RAS, buy a quality 8" dado, some will say use only a 6"
dado, but on the RAS the 8" works as a flywheel to keep up the motor

speed.

Stick with the 8" dado, the motor housing resticts the depth of cut too
much. With a 6" dado you will be able to do very shallow cuts. i use a 8"
dado in mine with no problem.
IIRC I can cut about 1-1/4"+ in depth with a 8" dado in my Crapsman saw. a
6" would get that down to just 1/4"+ in depth. Good enough for 90% of the
cuts, but deep dados will be out of the question.
Greg