Bill Wallace

Assuming its particle board you really shouldn't need to worry about
movement so you should be able to to a direct connection of any type.

I would also assume you would build a stand that has an apron
connecting 4 legs and a shelf , tressel or braces to make it sturdy.
You don't want it swaying as you run parts through that cutter.

You could do pocket screws up from the apron. You could use table
irons (or buttons they are sometimes called) check Rockler or
Woodcraft or McFeely's. I wouldn't go with the wooden table
attachments like Norm uses. They are fine for fine furniture but not
that positive of an attachemnt for a working table. Finally, if you
like brute force, just counter sink some holes in the top and screw it
down to the apron. The top won't move (seasonaly) being particle board
and the aprons won't move enough in length to ever worry about.

BW

"BF" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I could use some suggestions for mounting a new Rockler router table top
to a set of homemade wooden legs. I am leaning toward installing threaded
inserts into the bottom and making it removable. Is 4 inserts enough to
secure the top? Does anybody have any better way of doing this?
Thanks, BF