igor

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 17:15:36 -0500, (J T) wrote:

Well, Hell, sound like your're leaving details out. I got under
the impression you were going to put "all" the books with their covers
out. Now you say no.

What I'd do then is, make regular book cases. Then make a batch of
little book stands, that would hold a book at a slant, with the cover
out. Then put the stands in the cases wherever you wanted, put the rest
of the books in spine out. Then you could move the stands where you
wanted.

Excellent suggestion -- from both practical and aesthetic perspectives. It
is flexible. And, I think it offers a nice way to break up the usual
pattern of books on the shelf.

As for the normally placed books -- spine out -- either slant the base back
_slightly_ or just put 2 sliders underneath the front edges of a standard,
square bookcase. -- Igor