J T

Wed, Nov 17, 2004, 1:49pm (EST+5)
(Steve=A0Williams) says:
Hi Sam,
I agree with what Andy has to say you shouldn't need a powered saw at
the moment. If you are looking for a circular saw I would forget the one
from machine mart they're often of poor quality. Check out the Perform
CCTS10 from axminster.
http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.a...1737&recno=3D9 snip

Interesting, different names for the same thing. I have a somewhat
similar saw, with a shop made stand. I use a saw sled, a carbide blade,
and it works fine. The times I use it without the sled, I most
definitely use pushsticks. Usually just cut 'em out of scrap plywood.

However, "this" is what is called a circular saw around my
neighborhood.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...number=3D46866
These work quite nicely, using a straightedge.

JOAT
Measure twice, cut once, swear repeatedly.