J T

Wed, Nov 17, 2004, 6:36am
(Tom=A0Quackenbush) asks:
Have you considered using a separate, inclined shelf or easel placed on
a standard bookshelf?

Damn, what do they do, price those by the ounce? A bit pricey,
thinkist I.

Be plenty easy to make a whole batch of those out of plywood, and
wouldn't even need the real expensive stuff. And one, or two pieces on
the back, to angle it, would be all you'd need. Glue 'em up, then slap
a coat or two of poly on 'em. Probably just a buck or two if you used
plywood.

In fact, I just thought of a design for a knock down model, using 3
pieces of plywood. If you wanted any speed making them, you'd need a
router, or if you weren't in a huge hurry, could use a scrollsaw.

Personally, I wouldn't screw around with stuff like that. People
buying books won't care. Just put the new ones out on tables.
Apparently that's what they did with the latest Harry Potter book, in
this area, and no one complained. I've seen new release books stacked
over a dozen high in bookstores on tables. No prob.

JOAT
Measure twice, cut once, swear repeatedly.