Edwin Pawlowski

"cg" wrote in message
I wish the sawstop folks could give out details like
these. In particular, they must already have exact figures for the
rotation before complete stoppage. Instead of telling in terms
of time (like milliseconds) it would be better to state the same
in terms of percentage of a full rev of a 10" standard kerf blade
spinning at 4000 RPM.

If a blade is rated at turning 4000 RPM, how fast is it turning while
ripping pieces of 12/4 oak? or cutting 1/8" masonite?

What if they said it was a quarter of a blade rotation (say a 40T blade for
this example) and you show some flesh on 11 teeth. Would that be grounds of
a law suite?

Are you trying to calculate how far the blade will penetrate your hand? So
many possible factors as to feed rate, blade speed, position of our hand,
that it would not be easy to give a definitive answer and that would also
leave them open to possible legal action. I think the more details they
offer the more problems the are going to encounter.
Ed