S. Dees

Actually it would have been a great idea if I just wanted to do it for 10 or
15 shelves. I could knock them off pretty quick and they would have been
pretty easy to move around. (I still might make a few.) The problem is doing
that for 50 bookcase with an average of 7 shelves each means about 350
easels. Even if I only did it for only one per bookcase, that's still 50
easels and a heck of a lot of wood.
I may still do a few. Thanks for the suggestion.
Sean.

"Tom Quackenbush" wrote in message
firstjois wrote:
Tom Quackenbush wrote:

Have you considered using a separate, inclined shelf or easel placed
on a standard bookshelf?

Something like this:

http://xylemdesign.com/Easels/Displa...akBookstandBig.

asp

Did you note the price? I know the OP would be making them or having
them made but $50?

I hadn't noticed, but you're right - that's pretty steep. Maybe I
can quit my day job ...

I envisioned something a little more utilitarian for the OP. 1/4"
ply, a little more vertical than the one in the picture and the same
width as the bookcase.

R,
Tom Q.