S. Dees

Those ladder shelves are the closest I have seen so far. (aside from the
Franklin website that I noted earlier). I would just have to adjust the
shelves so that they are slightly angled to allow the books to lean back,
and then put a back on the case.
Thanks for the link.
Sean.
"firstjois" wrote in message
S. Dees wrote:
[snip]

The one solution that I have found that seems to be the best so far
is to just trim a small angle off the bottom of the sides so that
the shelf actually leans against the wall. (Then drill a cleat into
the wall to mount the shelf onto to provide stability, and a larger
cleat at the bottom so that the bookcase couldn't be pushed
backwards at the bottom.)

[snip]

So what you are going to end up with is *almost* equal to a ladder? See

http://www.spacestation42.com/Shops/shelving.html

You'll have to go down the page a little but there are several examples.

You'd keep the angle you wanted for the books by slicing a 10 degree wedge
shaped piece off the top back edges (maybe 10" on the hypotenuse) and
adding the same wedge to the front bottom of the bookcase. Lose a little
shop space because each bookcase would stick further out into the walkways
than usual but maybe feel less looming and clostrophobic to the customer.

Works on a strip of paper!

Josie