patrick conroy

"igor" wrote in message

in T-tracks. And the same type is used on "ultimate" tables. This
_suggests_ that setting the fence is not so critical -- or, it is much

As others have pointed out - the fence need only be flat since it's
tangential to the bit. If the fence is tall, then it should be
perpendicular to the table.

I am planning on using a locking miter box bit, and there both height and
fence setting do seem critical.

Yeah - but within reason. I see no need to define critical as "0.0000001in."

diameter. I _can_ use my DW TS fence, but it would be better if I could

use
a T-track fence effectively so that I can route, cut, route again, as

I used an 3/4" MDF "aux fence" that slid ontop of my table saw fence. Flat
and perpendicular. I liked it very much. The only thing that annoyed me as
dust collection - there wasn't any.

So, I just finished up the fence that's described in last month's Wood
magazine. It think it's a small step up, the dust collection now works very
well, but its not as easy to use as my old MDF one that just slipped onto
the TS fence.