Swingman

"igor" wrote in message
So, before I set out to build my table for my new Bosch router, I'd
appreciate some insights on router table fence precision -- both "up and
back" setting as well as keeing it "square" -- i.e., parallel to a
diameter. I _can_ use my DW TS fence, but it would be better if I could

use
a T-track fence effectively so that I can route, cut, route again, as
needed. TIA. -- Igor

If you mean to a bit, a router fence doesn't have to be "square" or
"parallel to a diameter", unless your fence is curved, it always is
perpendicular to the diameter of the bit no matter how you position it ...
think about it.

IME, the biggest plus in a router fence (and setting bit height for that
matter) is not necessarily in the "precision" of the setting (that can
achieved by simply using a simple system like a ruler), but in the ability
to LOCK it down securely.

Be wary of those designs that rely on cheap plastic parts to _secure_ the
fence. Once you've ruined an expensive piece of wood because the fence
moved, you'll appreciate that fact more than ever.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04