J T

Tue, Nov 16, 2004, 9:35pm
(Tom=A0Quackenbush) says:
snip I think that the OP wants to arrange the books with the front
cover facing out for display purposes. snip

Missed that part. He'd be using up a lot of valuable shelf space
that way. I'd think if he wants to do it that way Larry's idea would be
about the best solution. I thinik I'd opt for just putting them in with
the spine out, get more books on the shelves that way, then just title
each section of shelves.

I don't know that I've seen any bookstores with shelves with covers
facing out. They've all been with the spine out. However, they do have
stands and/or tables with books displayed with covers up. I think that
would be a much more reasonable way - most of the books in the shelves,
and "specials", or whatever, on tables and/or stands. That way you
could move the tables and stands around to various parts of the store
too.

JOAT
Any plan is bad which is incapable of modification.
- Publilius Syrus