Alan W

One poster

They're actually _not_ that much more expensive than other cabinet hinges
_of_similar_quality_. There's just no such thing as a 'budget' SOSS hinge;

I paid about $4.00 a 10mm hinge for the bullet hinges, and I would
like to put a bullet in whoever makes them, as it was crap. First one
of the 4 broke, and those are a BITCH to get out. Then there is the
issue of slop in the mechanism, makes the jewelry box they are in look
like a hack job.

I've shown it to Steve Knight and bitched about those hinges.

I wish I had used the slot type which are larger and supposed to be
better built.

Another poster

The 'generic' name is a 'concealed hinge'. SOSS hinges, and "bullet' hinges
are unique in that they are _totally_ concealed -- from *either* side of the
door opening.

The mortise hinges are available at Lowes fairly frequently in their
specialty furniture fasteners section. I do not know the quality of
them there.

Alan