Tom Veatch

On 16 Nov 2004 11:38:15 -0800, (David Hall) wrote:

snip

I am not
sure that, even though I consider myself a conservative, I am ready to
eliminate all regulartory aspects of government - I just would want to
err on the side of "freedom" in this area.

Kinda got to vote with David on this. To put a little finer (?) point on it, I
see a place for regulatory interest in areas where the danger is insidious
and/or non-apparent. I don't like the idea of government acting _in loco
parentis_ or trying to protect me from myself in the presence of obvious danger.

Tom Veatch
Wichita, KS USA