TWS

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 10:03:59 -0800, Pete Martin
wrote:

Correct. The 1/4" at the top was the problem. Next time I'll make those
cuts as you suggest. I did it that way as the other boards (it's a
drawer btw!) have a 1/4 X 1/4 dado 1/2" in from the edge. Those are all
right! And these were the first peices, so it's starting to make sense.

Thank you!

Pete, you're welcome.

Note that the way I suggested you set up your cuts any mistakes are on
the 'safe' side. In other words, if you don't have the work piece
solidly against the fence the cut will drift into the waste area, not
your good piece. To fix you simply run the piece through the saw once
more. This is why I didn't suggest setting the inside of the blade
1/4 inch from the fence. If your work piece drifts from the fence
then your tongue is irrecoverably too thin. It pays to plan your cuts
this way.

You will be able to make very fine furniture with your saw as long as
you learn its strengths and weaknesses and design your work to
capitalize on the strengths and avoid the weaknesses. IME the biggest
contributors to quality work a
patience, persistence, and learning how to hide mistakes...
Inexpensive tools challenge all of these but, in most cases, you can
persevere over all of them.

Have fun!

TWS
http://tomstudwell.com/allprojects.htm