Richard Clements

looks like my Dakota when I put 1 Cubic yard, I asked for 1/2 cubic yard,
top soil weighing in at 2000lb per cubic yard, the drive across town in rush
hour traffic was fun!

David F. Eisan wrote:

I went to an auction on Saturday and bought a little bit of ash. The
auction listed it as 500 BF of 10-12' 8/4 ash. I couldn't take it home on
Saturday because it was at the back of a barn behind other piles of
lumber. My little Ford Ranger was in for service today so I borrowed a 4x4
5.4l F150. I don't know what the truck is rated for, but I am sure I had
over 2000 lbs of Ash in it today. Hand loading that by myself was quite
laborious, thankfully my Dad was at the other end to help me unload. I
think there is more than 650 BF in the pile. I am not used to driving a
full size pickup, and driving one loaded to the gills was quite a
challenge. It was dancing with a fat chick, every little bit of motion in
the steering wheel caused the truck to jiggle from side to side as it
settled out. I was leading a parade for 150 KM on a back highway as I
actually drove the speed limit (80KPH).

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/ash1.jpg
http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/ash3.jpg
http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/ash5.jpg
http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/ash6.jpg

All in all, I think it was worth the effort for 650 BF of 8/4 White Ash at
$0.57 CDN (about $0.46 US) a BF.

David.