slindars

Default Fence replacement for a Sears Contractor Table Saw

I have a older Sears Table saw with the stock fence. To no surprise
I'm not happy with the fence and would like to replace it with a
Biesemeyer fence. My delima is that the saw was only $100. I'd also
like to get one a set of machined pulleys and the link style belts
installed. Is it worth spending this kind of money on a older
contractor saw or should I just save the money and put it elsewhere in
the shop and/or save up for a real cabinet saw. I figure I'd spend at
least $200 on the fence and another $50 on the pulleys, so I'm out
close to $300 with shipping. I'm just getting my shop started so
there is plenty of other tools I still need to buy. I've not ran into
any limitations with the saw yet, but I have not really put it thru
the paces yet. Still just building storage, etc for the shop.

Thanks