Leon

"David F. Eisan" wrote in message

Very nice haul David.

I went to an auction on Saturday and bought a little bit of ash. The
auction
listed it as 500 BF of 10-12' 8/4 ash. I couldn't take it home on Saturday
because it was at the back of a barn behind other piles of lumber. My
little
Ford Ranger was in for service today so I borrowed a 4x4 5.4l F150. I
don't
know what the truck is rated for, but I am sure I had over 2000 lbs of Ash
in it today.

Um yeah you had about twice its capicity loaded.

Hand loading that by myself was quite laborious, thankfully my
Dad was at the other end to help me unload. I think there is more than 650
BF in the pile. I am not used to driving a full size pickup, and driving
one
loaded to the gills was quite a challenge. It was dancing with a fat
chick,
every little bit of motion in the steering wheel caused the truck to
jiggle
from side to side as it settled out.

Uh huh, thats because you had over loaded the truck. Steering geometery
goes all to heck when the rear end starts to lift the front end up a bit and
I suspect your tires were not properly inflated for that much weight.