J. Clarke

Andy Dingley wrote:

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 12:57:49 -0700, wrote:

let's make a clear distinction between production shops and home shops
here.

Why ? The physics is the same.

But the volume of dust handled by the collector may be different. CWG has a
planer that is bigger than my truck. Somehow I think that when it's
turning a piece of 8/4 lapacho into 5/4 it produces a little more in the
way of shavings and dust and whatnot than my 13" Delta.

Whether the volume is high enough to constitute an explosion hazard in the
event of a static discharge in the system, I have no idea.

If plastic piping is a no-no for commercial workshops in your
jurisdiction, then that's to reduce the _consequences_ of a fire (and
they do happen, for many reasons). Plastic piping, and unearthed too,
is in regular use for the flexible sections of DC hookups.

If I had a roof mounted central DC system, I'd want steel pipe too.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)