On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 20:31:09 -0500, "David F. Eisan"
wrote:

I went to an auction on Saturday and bought a little bit of ash. The auction
listed it as 500 BF of 10-12' 8/4 ash. I couldn't take it home on Saturday
because it was at the back of a barn behind other piles of lumber. My little
Ford Ranger was in for service today so I borrowed a 4x4 5.4l F150. I don't
know what the truck is rated for, but I am sure I had over 2000 lbs of Ash
in it today. Hand loading that by myself was quite laborious, thankfully my
Dad was at the other end to help me unload. I think there is more than 650
BF in the pile. I am not used to driving a full size pickup, and driving one
loaded to the gills was quite a challenge. It was dancing with a fat chick,
every little bit of motion in the steering wheel caused the truck to jiggle
from side to side as it settled out. I was leading a parade for 150 KM on a
back highway as I actually drove the speed limit (80KPH).

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/ash1.jpg
http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/ash3.jpg
http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/ash5.jpg
http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/ash6.jpg

All in all, I think it was worth the effort for 650 BF of 8/4 White Ash at
$0.57 CDN (about $0.46 US) a BF.

David.

ya know, David you Really Really Really Really Really Really Really
Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really
Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really
Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really
Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really
Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really SUCK.