Tom Veatch

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 13:37:43 -0500, "J. Clarke" wrote:

Fascinating. So the home owners association actually owns the property. I
would not want to live anywhere that I was in the position of renting
property that I had paid for. I'm really kind of disappointed in
Texans--there was a time when anything that high-handed would have gotten
somebody shot.

I suspect that most homeowners in the entire U S of A are already in that
situation. I know I am. Today, I received my annual "rent" bill from the county.
They call it "real estate tax", but if I don't pay it, I can be evicted.

I don't see much _effective_ difference between that and paying rent to a
landlord except that the landlord would have more legal difficulty evicting me
from his property than the county would have evicting me from my own property.

Tom Veatch
Wichita, KS USA