tony1158

Hi, I was considering a General Contractor type saw, the wait was going to
be no telling how long. So, I decided to go with a Griz 1023s cab. saw.
The saw has a 3 hp motow, plenty of power. The set-up was effortless, love
it. You really should consider it.

Tony
"Bryan Dawson" wrote in message
m...
I've narrowed my saw choices down to these two. Both have cast iron
wings and a decent (not great) fence. From what I've read, the Jet is
one of the best "contractor's saws" out there, and lots of folks
really like it. The Craftsman is a new model, and built more like a
cabinet saw (nice!) but still has a "small" motor like a contractor's
saw.

My shop is currently in about 1/4 of a good sized two car garage.
Over time I might be able to extend that to 1/2, but I cannot have the
whole thing... I'm a hobbyist and will use the saw for small/medium
furniture & cabinets, jewelry boxes, and the like... I'm currently
using one of those "total crap" $100 Delta tabletop saws and although
I've actually built some OK stuff with it, I finally figured out (what
took me so long!) that its just not accurate enough for real work.

I can get the Jet locally for about $700 to $750 and I'm sure I'd be
"satisfied". However, the Craftsman is actually roughly the same
price (or even slightly less, depending on sales) and I'm tempted
because of all the good stuff I read about cabinet style saws with the
trunnions mounted to the cabinet.

FYI: I have 120 in my shop, and the panel is down there so I can run
220 if needed, but that's extra $$. I've considered the Grizzly
1023S, but the others listed still seem like better choices to me...

SO: between these two saws in the title, which one would you
recommend, and why?