max

I am sure it is quicker with your model. Mine is 50 years old.
max

Wow. It's thirty minutes start to finish on my 13" Rockwell/Invicta, the
granddaddy of the modern 4-poster. Pretty much the same with the 15" Grizz
up at school. Never could find a shortcut worth taking.

Add thirty if I'm going to resharpen the blades in the head versus replace
them with the sharpened spares.

"max" wrote in message
Having had floor model planers in the 13 and 20 inch size and an old Delta
portable planer I have some thoughts. The floor models are a pain to

adjust,
at least the older ones. Every little detail has to be just right. It took
two months to figure out the proper adjustments for an old Delta 13 inch
floor model. The blades take a couple of hours minimum to install. The

first
sharpening saw this tool down for three days before I made all of the
adjustments accurately.