Lawrence L'Hote

"Jeffrey J. Kosowsky" wrote in message

I am looking for an easy-to-use but powerful PC program to help me
design and draw projects that I am interested in building such as
bookcases, cabinets, closet organizers, etc.

As discussed here and in FWW I suggest you try SketchUp. Not a CAD but a
design program. Download the trial version and you have 8 hrs of play
time.(timer is 'on' only when you are using it). Here are two views of a
simple bench. Once you get your 3-D made you can rotate in around any way
you want, add shadows and etc and etc... Good import/export and uses Ruby
language plugins(some nice little applets available that add to SU
functionality.)
..disclaimers go here and YMMV.

http://home.mchsi.com/~lhote5/bench1.jpg
http://home.mchsi.com/~lhote5/bench2.jpg