Doug Kanter

"barry martin" wrote in message
news:1267682850.520.257.5431029.1666045989.RIMEGat ...
David:

D I have a 1920s home in the rainy northwest I've recently purchased,
D and from the water staining on the drywall in the basement, we
D obviously have a history of flooding. We had about 1/2 inch last
D winter after about a week of good rain and one day of really heavy
D rain. I put in a sump pump which I think will handle any future
D flooding, but of course, you never know until it happens.

Does the sump pump have some sort of backup power? (What happens if
the power goes out?) There are models which run from built-in
batteries, and of course generators.

The people who inspected my recently purchased house mentioned that there's
a sump pump which uses running water to move the pump, like the mechanism in
a hydroelectric dam.