Charles Spitzer

"Al Kondo" wrote in message
I am in the process of refurbishing my kitchen. I recently refaced
the cabinets and now I am in the processing of replacing our current
laminate countertop. As a recent retiree, I am doing all of this
work myself. I am no expert in this work, but I am very handy. In
the past two years, I have replaced our ceiling sheetrock and
refinished all of our hardwood floors.

My first choice for a countertop of reasonable cost was a postform
countertop. However, I have found that these tops come in a standard
25" width. Unfortunately, my countertops are about 23.5" in width.
I was told that if I want to stick to this option, I would have to cut
off the 4" backsplash or the waterfall front of the postform top. I
don't like either option. Are there other kinds of countertops that
I should be considering.... or, is this the best for the price??

Al Kondo

concrete. tile (ceramic, granite). butcher-block.

if you're a diy, there's lots of other options besides laminate, imho, a lot
better.