Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott

Wish to remove a large cracked mirror glued to a bathroom wall.
Thought is to duck tape it and then try to break it but wonder if there
is a dremel tool for cutting glass that would be better to use?

Your approach is the technique I tried here. I taped this 3' x 4'
"floating" mirror in the bathroom with clear 2'' wide packing tape,
then, wearing eye, face, head, and body protection (I looked like a
Bedouin), I prepared to bust it into flinders with a rubber mallet. One
blow, nothing happened. Two blows, still nothing. Hm. I took a mighty
swing at the mirror and it shuddered then fell toward me. I caught it
before it fell against anything and carted it out of the room in one
piece. Behind it were blobs of construction adhesive which pulled off
the top layer of paint -- a latex gloss, I reckon. The layer under the
top coat appeared to be an oil gloss, in an unattractive pink. Now as I
proceed to prep the room for remodeling I find that the top coat peels
off the second coat like peeling sunburned skin. I lucked out -- the
mirror was easy to remove, and it never fell on its own accord and
killed anyone.

--

Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott
71 Type 2: the Wonderbus