Jeff Cochran

On 18 Nov 2004 02:06:14 GMT, (ThePetPage) wrote:

Hi, I have room in my Square D 40 circuit 200A panel for 4 more breakers. But I
do not have any more room to put the white and the ground wires. This is
because one of the larger breakers, a 90A that feeds a subpanel in the garage,
has its nuetral and ground split and under multiple screws. The 2 gauge wire
apparently wouldn't fit under one screw.

A) Is THAT a problem safety or code wise?

B) Do they sell a strip I can add to the box or would I be better off adding
another subpanel in the basement right next to the existing main panel?

Buy an additional ground buss, or a ground lug for the #2. Though I
wouldn't fool with the larger wire if it's solidly attached.

Jeff