Banty

In article , HA HA Budys Here
says...

(Jeffrey J. Kosowsky)

(Joe Bobst) writes:
Any tricks for getting "contractor" discount on supplies?

Sure. Go see your lawyer. Set up an LLC or S corporation. Fill out the
state/federal tax forms. File the appropriate credit apps with your

suppliers.
You are now a legit contractor. Pay all your bills before the 10th prox.

and
take that discount, too.
Now go play by the rules. HTH

I'm sorry, I don't remember receiving the rule book in the mail

Perhaps you live in Cuba or some other last bastion of Marxism, but
here in the USA, there is no law against trying to get the best price
possible and there are no "rules" saying that only a certain
privileged group of citizens get prices.

That freedom goes both ways, as in the freedom of the supply house owner to
give discounts to whoever he chooses.

You don't seem to adore freedom as much when it isn't to your benefit.

Hope it makes you smile, that after asking for it, I started getting
the contractor discount at my local electrical and plumbing supply
store so long as I pay cash rather than credit card.

That's not a contractor's discount, that's tax fraud.

BTW, I don't
remember the other contractors in line minding too much either.

Contractors might engage in the practice known as "deeds not words." The supply
house might not be aware for a couple of weeks that a couple of the contractors
who had to "wait on line" behind a retail or non-contractor customer who was
demanding a cash discount or the contractor's price, have taken their business
to a different supply house where the owner recognizes that time, especially
contractors time, is money.

Yeah.

It's the kind of thing folks get away with only because few people will press
for it. A lot of us were raised not to 'take advantage' - once too many people
jump on a discount that wasn't meant for them, the discount will no longer be
offered. Like how ice cream shops in areas with a lot of homeless won't give
taste samples anymore. A store will give Jeffrey J. his discount only because,
thanks to most folks' decency, they won't have a store full of Jeffrey J's to
deal with.

I don't expect Jeffret J. to get what I'm talking about, or he'll answer with
some spin about how it's a free country.

Banty