Peter H

Greg wrote:

Buy the best wire you can find. Wire is cheap, labor is the hard part.
CAT5e was the latest thing the last time I bought wire but they may have CAT6
certified by now.
Be careful making up the keystone jacks. Maintain the twist all the way to the
punch downs and keep the leads straight and short. Neatness counts. You can
make CAT5e wire degrade to doorbell wire quality with sloppy terminations.

BTW I agree about wireless. It is fine for mobile work stations but if you
really want to move data it is hard to beat copper.

Thanks for this Greg. I have a wireless nic and a plug-in. The wireless
just cannot keep up... the problem is exacerbated by the office which
apparently uses wireless for part of their internet service because the
building they are in is not wired for cable yet. It's drag and then
more drag. I can type 1/2 an email message before anything shows up on
the screen.

I appreciate the suggestions about keeping the wires twisted. I've
bought cat 5e wire so I guess if I keep the install neat I'll be ok.

Peter H