Peter H

wayne wrote:
I would just go wireless myself

Wayne

"Peter H" wrote in message

I'm going to be installing some data wire through a wall and ceiling to
install a plug-in in a room that's not currently wired for a network. The
cable will be used primarily for internet usage.

I'm wondering whether cat 5 is still the cable of choice for this. The
cable will travel between the computer nic card and a router.

tia

Peter H

Thanks for the reply Wayne. I've tried wireless, but the lag drives me
crazy. I work on that machine 2 or 3 full days a week and I work with a
remote desktop, which is slower to begin with. I don't think wireless is
a viable option for me here.

Peter H