willshak

not Steve Buscemi wrote:

Hi all,
I bought a house 2 years ago with a half finished basement. The basement is
very drafty and cold in the winter. I have it set up as my TV room so it get
used quite a bit. I had to remove some dry wall to look at a pipe and
noticed they drywalled over a window and there is no insulation or vapor
barrier behind the drywall. A total half assed job.
My question is: can i remove the drywall, insert the insulation and put the
drywall back in place that I removed? Shouild I just re-drywall it with new
drywall? The current drywall is allpainted and you can't see the drywall
nails.
thanks
Steve

Figure on buying new sheetrock. I doubt whether you can get the old
drywall off without breaking most of it, unless you find every nail, dig
it out, and cut all seams covered in paper tape and joint compound.