not Steve Buscemi

Default removing drywall

Hi all,
I bought a house 2 years ago with a half finished basement. The basement is
very drafty and cold in the winter. I have it set up as my TV room so it get
used quite a bit. I had to remove some dry wall to look at a pipe and
noticed they drywalled over a window and there is no insulation or vapor
barrier behind the drywall. A total half assed job.
My question is: can i remove the drywall, insert the insulation and put the
drywall back in place that I removed? Shouild I just re-drywall it with new
drywall? The current drywall is allpainted and you can't see the drywall
nails.
thanks
Steve