Ace

I suggest we ignore the so-called no-it-all and if it makes one more
comfortable in ones home with the proper amount of humidification, and makes
one feel better physically, plus the other benefits it provides, go ahead
and do it! If Einstein does not believe in it that's his problem.

"gerry" wrote in message
On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 16:57:11 -0800, ~^Johnny^~
wrote:

On 16 Nov 2004 12:35:32 -0500, wrote:

wrote:

We live in a rented townhouse. During the winter when the heat is
used, the place really gets dry. So much so that it dries out the
sinus and causes discomfort. Is there any easy practical way to
humidify this place?

Sure. Caulk it. Andersen says an average family of 4 evaporate 2 gallons
of water per day, ie 0.0116 pounds per minute... 70 F air weighs about
0.075 lb/ft^3, so you can raise the RH from wo = 0.0025 pounds of water
per pound of dry air outdoors to wi = 0.0047 indoors (70 F at 30% RH) by
reducing the air leaks until 0.075C(wi-wo) = 0.0116 pounds of water per
minute, ie C = 70 cfm. This will also reduce your heating bill.

Or, stop dehimidifying it. Put film over the window frames, or install
double glazing. In the winter, most indoor indoor moisture is lost due

condensation, not infiltration.

Sure, bubble wrap the whole thing, better get the air scrubbers out and O2
generators running first.

gerry

--

Personal home page -