Jim Elbrecht

(m Ransley) wrote:

So Rolleston you SELL them. Well in most of the US gas is 60% cheaper
than electric and the N East some areas are near 70% cheaper for gas.

Does that still hold true? I can't get Natural Gas, so I just have
the propane price---- but here in NY my LP gas has gone from $1.45 a
gallon to $2.26 in the last 6 years while my electricity [Niagra
Mohawk] has remained steadily between 11.5-12.5 cents per KWH over the
same period. [that's actual cost, including all adjustments-- usually
a couple cents higher than what it says I'm paying per KWH on the
bill]

So I think you are full of cow crap. I put in a Gas Tankless, I removed
a double insulated electric tank and my utilies went down 80%.. No I do
not sell them , so I am unbiased unlike you. All research and facts
prove gas is cheaper, than even electric tankless.

When I replaced my electric with gas it wasn't a dramatic savings---
and now it is likely to cost a bit more, but I'm looking at a tankless
gas anyway-- everlasting hot water and space saving in my basement.
[and my gas has been maintenance free for 15 yrs or so, while the
electric took a new element every couple years]

Even Bosch-Aquastar agree and they sell electric tankless as well as
gas.

You had to make me go look--- the 125B is on sale for $399. [$100
off]
http://makeashorterlink.com/?H16A51DC9
[goes to]
http://www.houseneeds.com/shop/Heati...Starlineup.htm

grrrrr -- I didn't want to do this until next summer, but I feel my
Scotch blood kicking in.

I see that the 125B has a pilot--- is yours pilotless? [I'm torn
between the minimal amount of gas used vs being able to take a hot
shower during a blackout. we have city water]

Jim