Edwin Pawlowski

"Jack Sandweiss" wrote in message
This hood is made to filter, but I would think an outside vent would be
better, and not have to have filter changes. Am I wrong? I had thought
that I might have to buy a new one, but when this community was built,
the buyers had a choice of vents/filter, which "may" indicate it's
convertible. But, who should I contact, a "ventilation" person or a
"stove" person?

You will probably do best with a home handyman rather than a company that
installs duct work. It is a matter of some cutting and fitting stock vents.
Perhaps the appliance store that sells the vents can point you in the right
direction locally.