Joseph Meehan

Al Kondo wrote:
I once saw a great suggestion from the "Haley's Hints" book on storing
clothes, blankets, pillows, etc. The book suggested putting the
items into a large black garbage bag and then vacuuming out the air
with the hose attachment of one's vacuum cleaner. It works like a
charm, except for one problem...... I can't get the vacuum to stay.
After one hour or so after vacuuming out the bag, the air seems to
seep in and the bag returns to its original size. I try to make sure
the top is securely closed by twisting the end and securing it with
rubber bands. I use new, heavy guage garbage bags so I can't imagine
that there are holes in them. What can be the problem? Help please.

Al Kondo

I doubt if most bags are going to be able to hold the vacuum very long.
They just are not heavy enough to do it and it would be difficult to get a
good seal with the twist tie.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math