Mikey S.

WD-40 won't hurt so if you have a can handy give it a squirt or two and wait
a while but I think real penetrating oil ( ask at the hardware store ) will
be a better bet. Then slowly try to work the handle loose, any motion at all
and you have it whipped, it just takes patience from that point to finesse
it off.

--

Mikey S.
http://www.mike721.com

"Higgins" wrote in message
om...
I can turn the water on and off (well, not completely off), but I
can't remove the handle to try and fix the leak. My father in law (an
HVAC contractor) banged on it and presumes 20 years of calcium
deposits are freezing the handle in place. He suggests liberally and
repeatedly spraying WD-40 in the screwhole and behind the handle over
several days. But I'm thinking I should be using something more likely
to dissolve the deposits. Any guidance??? Thanks.