BobAtVandy

Default how to attach an addition?

We will be buying an older home in Florida. It's on concrete slab, with
stucco'd cement block walls. Basically, it's an L-shape and I want to
extend one leg of the L. I can envision how to do much of this, but seek
advice on how to tie in the new to the old.

1. How should the new slab be connected to the existing slab?
2. How should the new concrete block walls be connected/tied to the old
walls? (Which is effectively at the corners of the old wall.)
3. Any tips on how to make the stucco match (texture, continuity) so it
doesn't appear to be separately applied?

Especially for the first 2 questions, if you also have any recommendations
for books that would be a good reference I would appreciate hearing them.

Thanks.