Joseph Meehan

Jeffrey J. Kosowsky wrote:
"R.H.Campbell" writes:
Depending upon where the inside hydro panel is located, it might be best
dig down about two feet underground and drill through the basement wall,
and remount everything inside the house. Although this can cause some
inconvenience later when the telco has to visit to repair the local loop
from the GWI to the house, it's nothing compared to the "inconvenience"
of
being broken into and having the monitoring non functional......

R.H.Campbell
Home Security Metal Products
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
www.homemetal.com

Perhaps I have misunderstood your answer, but the problem is that the
wire comes in from above -- i.e my concern is the "drop" from where
the line reaches my house at about 15 ft off the ground and then drops
to the level of the basement. My question is about hardening this run
by encasing it in conduit.

Remounting the network interface device internally won't help because
an exposed wire still runs down the side of the house.

Ask for an underground line or add a cell phone device added to your
security system. As also noted you may be able to have the line enter the
home at some point out of reach.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math