Robert Bass

This subject comes up from time to time. The following is culled from
earlier posts I made in reply to similar questions.

You can "harden" the line by enclosing it in galvanized, threaded pipe from
a point that is difficult to reach if it's an aerial drop or from a cement
pad if it's an "underground aerial" (strange, but that's what many telco's
call
a buried drop). The DIYer (or technician) can install some means of backup
such as a cellular or control channel transmitter or even long range radio.

Another possibility (one which is significantly less expensive) is to harden
the phone line. This is done either by moving the incoming line and the
telco "demarc" (gray box on the side of the house) inside or protecting it
with a heavy metal enclosure. C&C Products makes a fairly secure, tampered
enclosure called VoiceLok for this purpose. Here's a link (my website) to
the VoiceLok.

http://www.bassburglaralarms.com/product_8323.htm

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

=============================
Bass Home Electronics
2291 Pine View Circle
Sarasota · Florida · 34231
877-722-8900 Sales & Tech Support
http://www.bassburglaralarms.com

Well, you could have the line go into the house right at the strain relief
attachment to the house. However, the perp with a long pole tree trimmer
could probably still cut it. A cell phone hookup is another possibility,
until they come in with a jammer.